Kidneys are one of the most important organs in the body. Serves to drive waste out of the body and many other functions. Therefore, taking care of the kidneys is imperative to pay attention to every detail related to daily healthy life. so that the kidneys can continue to work.
The most prominent function of the kidneys is to excrete waste products from the body by producing urine to the proper amount of composition and volume. It is to maintain the balance of water and minerals in the body. All functions in this section are performed by the kidney unit. The kidneys also play a role in hormonal functions, such as stimulating vitamin D to help regulate calcium levels in the body. production of the hormone erythropoietin (erythropoietin) to stimulate red blood cell production and the secretion of the enzyme renin, which is involved in regulating blood pressure.
1. Choose healthy food.
- fresh fruits and vegetables
- Whole grains replace refined grains.
- Foods high in omega-3 fatty acids, such as nuts, high-fat fish.
- limiting red meat intake and foods that are high in fat
- Avoid processed meats like marinated meats, canned meats, and chips.
- No more than 1 teaspoon of salt per day and no more than 6 teaspoons of sugar per day.
2. Drink more water.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. Drinking water helps support the system. run smoothly Filters toxins from the blood and expels toxins through the urine.
- Avoid sugary drinks or soft drinks.
3. No Smoking
- Toxins in cigarettes enter the bloodstream. and affect the heart and kidneys Smokers are three times more likely to suffer from kidney failure than nonsmokers.
4. Avoid taking anti-inflammatory painkillers.
- In particular, anti-inflammatory painkillers that must be taken immediately after meals are often toxic to the kidneys. And taking the drug for a long time will accelerate the deterioration of kidney function.
5. Exercise regularly
- Helps to make the metabolic process work better
- Stimulates the removal of waste products that accumulate in the blood.
- help control blood pressure